Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bought Me A 600mm Lens

UPDATE* WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS LENS. THIS SALE WAS ALLOWED TO BE CANCELLED BY THE SELLER. HE ALLOWED ME TO CANCEL SO I COULD BUY THE 600MM FUJINON F11.5 ABOVE.
Update** The money for this lens will be graciously refunded by the seller David. Kind of wish I could buy it also, a wonderful tool but with a smaller image circle and more overall weight (mostly from the shutter). Thank you David for allowing this sale to be cancelled, your a decent and good man!

I just bought a 600mm F9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar on an older (recently CLAd) shutter (fastest shutter speed around 1/40). The cost for this lens was high $1550 plus shipping. I was able to make a deal with the seller to bring down the costs slightly. The lens was originally owned by an older fellow in Johannesburg South Africa. So it was made in German, went to South Africa, then to the USA (my sellers home) and now will be journeying to Canada. Eventually I will no doubt be using this lens in Asia. That is quite a life for MR. LENS!

I am not 100% sure this lens will cover 16x20 at infinity, I think so but am not positive. The previous owner David used the lens on a 20x24 camera 1:1 at around f22. I hope this lens will be a main stay for me. The Fujinon F11.5 is the only lens I could find that is comparable, that lens has a bigger image circle, a modern shutter but is slower and also much more expensive.

I wonder who will own this tool after me?

 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar F9 lens with compound 5V shutter