Saturday, July 2, 2016

Teaching A 3 Day Workshop?

There is a possibility later on in July that I will be teaching a 1 on 1 three day workshop. I may have an American view camera student driving up from Wisconsin in the USA to do 2 days with me in Banff and 1 day in the darkroom in Edmonton. Total cost for the workshop will be $800.

I will incorporate this teaching session into some camping I was already planning in the region. This will basically be a bonus to my camping trip. I would have to come back a day early to teach the darkroom section. Sheet film development etc.

The money earned as always will go directly back in to my photography. I want to take a Platinum printing workshop with Allan K in Calgary. The cost of his workshop is $1200, so I would only need to add $400 of my own dollars to do it.

Hope this Banff thing happens! Maybe it can become some kind of regular yearly thing with multiple students. I will also probably be doing wet plate workshops (very popular) in the future if and when I become proffient with this difficult-tempermental process. Maybe I can help suplement the making of the "Oh! Canada!" photo project by teaching wet plate workshops across the country. I could travel to a town, teach a workshop then make pics with the money earned!