Sunday, July 3, 2016

LENSed Out!

I think I am all LENSed out now for Ultra Large Format (ULF). I now own:

- 450mm Fujinon (Q) F9 with shutter (got the lens cheaply)
- 21 inch (533mm) Ilex process lens with shutter (got the lens cheaply)
- 600mm Rodenstock Apo-Ronar F9 with shutter
- 42 inch (1066mm) Goertz Artar Red Dot (no shutter)

Think that is more than enough lens for the 16x20, at least for now. I still need to pick the holders and tripod that will work.

Note* With the ULF Chamonix 16x20 I expect to be using 2 tripods, one under the rear standard, one under the front standard.
Note** All the lens above might not have full 16x20 image circle coverage. I will need to experiement and see what works and what does not work. Sometimes a bit of vignetting can look cool, especially in wet plate pics.