Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fujinon 600mm F11.5 ULF Lens Now In The Fold

I got my Fujinon 600mm F11.5 today, had to pay a very heavy tax of $165 CAD (OUCH!) but this lens is a real beauty. It came in the orginal box packe like new and is in almost mint condtion. The shutter works wonderfully, glass is super clean. I am very very happy I got it, it has a 620mm image circle and should work with cameras larger than 16x20. What a absolute gem!! This is probably going to be my standard lens for the ultra large format work.

I now have several ULF lens at home ready to use. Some of these will work with May Lee (Chamonix 16x20 camera) and some that may not have quite enough coverage.

- 450mm Fujinon F9 (Q), copal 3 shutter (enough coverage?)
- 21 inch Ilex process with older shutter (enough coverage?)
- 600mm Fujinion F11.5, copal 3 shutter (16x20 coverage +)
- 42 inch Goertz Artar Red Dog, no shutter but can be fitted with a Ilex #5 (20x24+ coverage)

Been told to keep an eye out for a wider 19 inch Dagor lens, so will do that. I might also be interested in getting a wider Schneider 355mm  F 9 G Claron for wet plate 12x20 and possibly 16x16 work.

The 16x20 Chamonix film holder and wet plate backs are in the works, need to pay yet. I also need to get a proper tripod system, might try and rig up something with my existing tripods first. I will also need to get me a dark cloth of some kind. Soon, very soon, I can start shooting my beautiful May Lee, am very excited. I will also be opening up my wet plate chemistry in the coming months, need to start working with them again. I will also be mixing that chemistry from scratch.

This is all coming together nicely!