Sunday, July 10, 2016

Lucky Me

When I got back from my camping trip last night at 1am I found my new $1250 USD plus $130 for shipping and duty 42inch Goertz Artar Red Dot lens sitting on my doorstep. It might have been delivered on Thursday or Friday so could have potentially sat on my doorstep for the last 3 days waiting for the first available thief! Gosh am quite lucky no one stole the box.

This lens is HUGE, fricking HUGE,  by farbthe biggest piece of glass I own. It looks in great newish condition with a an aperture ring that works very well. I need to get SK Grimes to put this on a Sinar lens board for me (ordered 2 more last week). I might also put a shutter on this lens which will cost me 1 1/2 stops of light. Not sure if I should put a shutter on this wonderful lens or not.

I also found my Quinn Jacobson "Chemical Pictures" wet plate process book waiting on my return. A thin expensive  ($70 CAD) but very necessary book for me to own, if I ever plan on learning this complicated process.