Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Link: A Wet Plate Obsession!

Becoming obsessed with doing a very large wet plate project. Large in scope as Canada is my subject and large in scale as the tintype/ambrotype images might measure 24x24 inches. Thinking of this constantly, cannot stop, obsessively it fills my thoughts day in and day out. Of course I am getting way ahead of my skills in wet plate work (still a rank beginner) but these thoughts will not leave my head. I am possessed!

Will these photos be made? Will this happen? Maybe!

Check out this ULF wet plate photographers videos, his name is Luther Gerlach. I love how passionate he is and how he pushes his little daughter for just one more shot! Later he is so happy with the result. That's what you need to do, encourage people to cooperate and in the end make something beautiful, create something special where nothing existed before.
http://www.luthergerlach.net/video

Note* The 3rd video in the link above (Three Graces) is one of my favourite online photo vids, love it, so inspiring!