Sunday, July 10, 2016

DIGITAL: Colour Or Black And White???

Colour or black and white, which way to go. With these new digital camera files I have the rather strange option of doing one or the other. Maybe I should use digital to only shoot, produce colour work and keep all my black and white photos on film. Somehow only doing b/w on beautiful Tri-x film seems right. Will see how it goes.

Here is a colour, b/w comparison of a recent "Families of the Dump" digital Canon 5D Mark II, 24mm lens dump shot.

Note* Maybe I could have this photo as a headline shot in a "Forgotten Laughter: Children of the Dump" exhibition. It would be ironic as children can find joy every where even while living in garbage.
Note** This little boy was my friend, I went to his birthday party he used to follow me about and act like me (I would turn my hat so would he etc.) I also photographed him sledding down the garbage and fishing with his hands in a dump slew.
Two boys sledding in the garbage wearing helmets

Laughing boy int he dump, Mae Sot Thailand April 2016
Colour shot version #2, with more saturation and contrast
B/W version #1
B/W version #2