Thursday, July 28, 2016

More Deliveries

Today I got 2 more deliveries of recent eBay purchases. I got my Ries A100 tripod ($42 in brokerage/taxes) and my 16x20 silver nitrate tank from the Czech Republic (no extra charges).

The tripod is smaller and lighter than I thought, doubt it could work alone with the 16x20 but in my planned combination with another tripod it should work great. ULF cameras over 11x14 require second tripods so this Ries should solve 1/2 my tripod arrangement. The 16x20 tank looks to be very well made, I should be able to use it for the rest of my life. In the future I might be getting a 24x32 silver nitrate tank made from this same builder, if I eventually buy the Ultra Ultra large 24x32 Chamonix camera.

Note* I will also be using the Ries and head with my 8x10 and probably my 11x14 camera.