Monday, July 25, 2016

Enlarger Parts All Here

Well all of my Zone VI cold light enlarger parts are in my home, they have finally all arrived. The last two large parcels containing the long metal column and the base of the enlarger head arrived this afternoon via UPS and an additional $120+ brokerage bill.

I have now started to assemble this beautiful machine. Today I attached the tall metal column to the extra large baseboard with metal legs before I had to skid-daddle off to work. Gosh I hope this new somewhat expensive tool will make great prints. I have always been a pretty decent printer, hopefully with some colour diffusion heads, a multigrade head, a couple of condenser heads and now a cold light head my world class darkroom will be complete. I should now have all the tools I need to deal with most any negative or print look.

I will remove 2 of the enlargers I almost never use from my main darkroom and place them in my hoped for 2nd teaching/renting darkroom and digital/platinum printing location (at moms home). Last week before my trip I was able to get a large old style metal filing cabinet FREE to use in this same secondary space. I also was able to pick up a small wooden filing cabinet for $5 on my recent trip. Will post pictures here on this blog of both the new Zone VI enlarger set up as well as planned secondary darkroom when they are ready.