Friday, February 3, 2012

Working On Submissions

I got my grant submission out last week, they are very nice folks and got back to me with some problems which I hope I corrected. They also told me I was better off applying for the Sept 1 grant date. I do not plan to do my project until April of 2013 so the Sept application date works better. The grant people know what's best so I will defer to their judgement. I hope I can get the money and do the project, thats all that matters, the creation of the work!

I also did up 3 of my 5 larger high end gallery/museum submissions round 2. Round 1 was some of the "Sex Worker" photographs, which have recently been rejected by 2 of the 5 I submitted to. I wanted to resubmit my work to all 5 again but this time do a "Klong Toey Portrait" submission. I have the Alberta, Hamilton and Lethbridge submissions complete, need to finish off the Winnipeg and G44 (Toronto) submissions. I am not sure I can get to G44 before I leave for Asia soon but Winnipeg will be completed tomorrow.

I am also working on my Foundation for the Arts, art by acquisition submission. I have my paperwork mostly done and will make up the image dvd next week. I want to submit everything to the Foundation of Arts jury before I leave for Thailand, the deadline is April 1.