Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Woke Up To Singing Birds

I am so used to the noise, polution and crazyness in this bar town of Thailand that it was surprising to wake up to the sounds of singing birds today! My room is on the 4th floor with a good view of many trees, there are a few apartments about and there is contruction going on of a new condominium but for the most part I am in a more natural area here. I woke at 6am and could hear many birds singing, very strange for this type of bar area.

Feel more rested and at peace now, am still upset that I damaged my beautiful 28mm Leica lens mount but I need to get past that and shoot my remaining 2 cameras, the 8x10 Masterview and the 4x5 Linhof. I will have to take my unshot 35mm Tri-x back to Canada. I brought around 54 rolls (18x 3-100 foot rolls) and only shot 4 or 5 rolls before the accident. I still have 700 sheets of 4x5 to shoot and about 325 sheets of various 8x 10 films (Tri-x, JandC 400 and 25 sheets of HP5, I need to make the best of what I have left.

Eating some cold chicken with bread and water now, will go out shopping for some more supplies later in the day. I will finish the set up the studio, check to confirm everything is working, then go out and meet some ladyboy workers to set up photo sessions for tomorrow. I hope to do 2 maybe 3 sessions tomorrow and each of the next 6 or 7 days, until I run out of film.


View from hotel window, Thailand 2012