Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Damaged $3000 Leica Lens! F-ck!

My beautiful Leica 28mm F2, the most expensive lens I have ever bought ($3000 USD) went crashing to the pavement yesterday. I must have accidentally pressed the lens release button then walked off with the camera on my shoulder, later the lens just fell off. The glass is not damaged which is the good news but the mounting ring is slightly bent so I cannot attach the lens to the M6 body again. I also think the focus is a bit screwed up (lens compressed like the 50mm was in Paris when dropped I think).

All very depressing cannot shoot the rest of my 35mm tri-x, big bill to repair the lens when I get back to Canada. I was gloomy all yesterday, still feel like sh-t about it now. I try to do to much sometime, try to chase down to many ideas with to many cameras and I do stupid sh-t like yesterday. I need to focus better and not try to do to much with to many tools, maybe I should just one lens and one camera like Jockkt Sturges and Larry Louie.

Got to dig my way out of this mess and make some worth while images the rest of the way throughe this trip. It will be my last trip for quite a while, I need to dig deep and create strong photos now with the cameras and film I have left.