Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another Submission: McMullen Gallery

Made my first ever submission to the McMullen gallery in Edmonton. The gallery is a nice space but has a limited mandate because of its location (in a hospital). They request work to be submitted that fits into this mandate:

WE PROVIDE POSITIVE INSPIRING AND ENGAGING EXHIBITIONS THAT SERVE AS A RESPITE FROM THE STRESS OF THE HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE.


Not sure my submission fits the above requirements. The work I submitted was the 35mm Leica work I shot of in the slum areas of Poipet Cambodia. The photographs might be to depressing to "Be positive and offer a respite from the stress of a hospital experience." but I thought I would try. I think the work has an inspiring message, but thats for the gallery people to decide. I will probably use the project description/artist statement file again in the future so the time writing it up will not be wasted.


Young Girl In Doorway, Poipet Cambodia 2011