Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thai Portrait Studio 2012 Version

Here are a few digi snaps of my studio set up here in Thailand. I have 4 speedotron heads on a white background 2 with softboxes for the subject, 2 just on the background. The speedotron power back is a large powerful 4803 unit that I need to run through a very heavy transformer before I can plug into to Thai power, not sure how it all works but it does! I also included a photo of my broken and glued together 8x10 ground glass. Breaking my ground glass seems to be a tradition for me, that makes 3 (2 in 2009 and 1 this year). I am using this taped together ground glass (luckilykept in storage with the flash equipment here in Thailand) this trip just like I did in 2009.

I will probably go to an acrylic (plastic) ground glass in the future, I got one with my new deerdorf camera, will give that a try next trip I think.

Rear view.

Front view.

Speedotron power  pack and background light.

8x10 Kodak Masterview with 300mm Nikon lens and hood.

Original Kodak ground glass that I managed to break then tape together.