Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Got My Dads Deardorff Today

I got dads 8x10 Deardorff today, the camera is older but in nice shape. One of the small screws which holds the back/ground glass mount onto the camera is stripped but other than that the camera looks fine. I will take the camera to work today and do a bit of cleanup on it but it should all be OK. The camera is over 30 years old and for a wooden field camera its in overall nice shape. Everything about the Deardorff seems solid and well made, the bellows looks great, hopefully I can use it for another 30 years or so without problems.

I have not received my collodion wet plate back yet or my other wet plate equipment but that should be coming in the next few days. I am happy I have the camera safely in the house before I leave for Thai.


I hope I can make some work worthy of my father with this new tool, thanks dad!