Sunday, February 12, 2012

More In The Future

I want to go back and photograph the people who haul goods daily across the Poipet Cambodia, Thailand border.  It was very hard techically to make photo this photograph, I was shooting by running out into the road, using a small flashlight mounted to camera to focus as the people were moving towards me! This shot was made with the rangefinder 4x5 Razzle Banarama 2. When I go back and shoot there again at some future date I plan on using the Kermit 90mm Razzle which will give me more depth of field and also plan on using my Leica rangefinders. This is an important subject, I want to document the lives of these people, to show their work and home life, their hearts, their feelings, I want to do a very human photo story on them. I need to learn Khmer, had a hard time shooting last time with my very limited knowledge of the language last time round.

Maybe if I get a long grant from the Foundation for the Arts to do my "Issan Portraits" I can also photograph these important Cambodian people more when I go on my Thai visa runs.

Hmm to many photo ideas, not enough time or money to get them done. Am getting old, 47 now, need to work harder to get all of this done, need to get it finished before I am to old to shoot what I need to shoot.

Pulling Goods Home After Trading in Thailand, Poipet Cambodia 2011


http://gerryyaum.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-poipet.html