Friday, February 24, 2012

Room From Hell

Having lots of bad luck this trip, first I damaged the mount on my 28mm Leica lens now I am in the ROOM FROM HELL!

The power continues to go on and off, last night the air conditioning, room lights,, fridge kept going on and off. I had no a/c and slept only a few hours. I have a shoot scheduled with a ladyboy named Betty who I photographed in 2007 but no power for my flash unit. Both Betty and another ladyboy are coming at 2pm it is now 905am and I have no power in the room, plus I am tired from the lack of sleep. I am even scared to take a shower as there seems to be come kind of short in the room. The electric water heater might also be malfunctioning who knows. Looks like I will have to cancell todays photo sessions, another wasted day, f-ck.

I complained to the staff for the hotel but they cannot send anyone to fix the power till 10am. The power and the a/c went on and off 2 times in the time it has taken me to right this email, this sucks! 3 times

It looks like I might have to change rooms, hall all my gear (5 suitcases worth) to another room and re set up everything. I also did not want the staff in the hotel seeing all my gear in case they complain about, I prefer to keep a low profile but it looks like I will have this room filled with hotel staff and repairmen today.

The photographers that have assistants doing all this manual stuff have it so good, they just have to worry about the photographs, not all this other tiring sh-t.

Power went on and off another 2 times, I think the room is about to explode! This room is from f-ckin hell!!