Friday, August 24, 2018

New Poor Family In The Dump


Was editing this new family portrait from the dump last night at work.

The only light source for the image was a flash light I was holding at the camera position. This entire new family to the dump were sitting in a dirty shack (made out of dump waste) directly on top of the garbage in complete darkness. I still cannot get over how they lived, a family of 8 or 9 living like that. They slept and ate on a hill of garbage, with several other family groups.. What has happened to this family in the months since this picture was made on February 13, 2018? The lollipop-sucker the little boy is eating was donated by you all, I gave it to him just before the pic was made. They live such an incredibly difficult life, still think about them daily. We here in Canada have it so lucky. My toughest choice of the week is what type of all you can eat buffet I want to visit.

Am trying to get together 20-30 better images to print (next week) to 13x19 inches for the Penticton gallery exhibition. I am new to all of this digi stuff, so struggling my way through, digital printing, photo paper choices, Lightroom, Photoshop etc.

New dump family, Mae Sot Thailand 2018