Thursday, August 16, 2018

Artist Talk With Shutterbugs

I am doing a practice artist talk with the Shutterbugs photography group on September 2nd at 2pm. This will be a small gathering of 10 or so people, I am hoping for 15. The plan is to practice my talk for the PAG (Penticton Art Gallery) and to show my PowerPoint presentation for the first time. The talk will take place at mom and dads home.

We plan on charging $5 a head, with 100% of the money going back to help the families in Mae Sot.

Here is an email I wrote to the wonderful organizer from Shutterbugs.
------------------
K----...I just picked up a bigger projection screen on Amazon, plan to use it for other talks and maybe to watch movies on. The screen measures 113 inches on the diameter so pretty big (will arrive before August 30). I was looking at cheaper used screens on Kijiji but they were all 50 inches or smaller. I assume the screen in Penticton at their art gallery will be larger so I wanted to test the look of my presentation on a comparable larger type screen.

Can you please ask for 15 people to attend, not 10. Doubt we will get that many buy I think we can fit 15 into my mother and fathers open beam family room. It is a fairly large space. we should be able to get 15 into it if that many man Shutterbug folk are interested. The more the merrier :))) even if we only get 5 it will be fun.

I was thinking a set of rubber boots for the people in the dump cost around $6, so that if we get 15x$5 that would be like 12.5 pairs of boots for the families, not bad!

Gerry