Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Colour Digi Printing

I have spent the last 2 nights printing the colour "Families of the Dump" photos for the PAG exhibition. Doing things digitally you have so much control it becomes excruciatingly difficult. There are so many options it is hard to stop changing stuff and get a perfect image. When do you settle? Or do you keep changing things and changing things forever? (An old friend Jim A, told me that years ago).

I am learning so much and still at such a basic form of things, have so much to learn yet. Am using lightroom, photoshop, a Espson P-800 with Moab Slickrock Metalic Pearl photo paper.

The plan is to send 20-30 colour images to Penticton along with some previously printed older b/w darkroom photos and a few new silver gelatin prints. Will allow the gallery to chose what they like and exhibit the works. The most important thing for me is telling the stories of the families. This exhibition and the talk will allow me to do that.

I might also send the gallery a 10 - 11x14 print box set of colour images . The idea would be to sell the box of prints for $999 CAD and then donate all that money to the ""Families in the Dump".