Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Show Families of the Dump" Possibilities?

The show will be limited to "Families of the Dump" images with a few of dad shown separated. The idea would be to have a theme and a certain amount of continuity in this group show, not doing a 'Best Of" thing.  Here are 39 maybes from May 2013 trip. I still have to look through all the November trip photos and other May shot dump pics. There are a ton of possible negs to print. I will have to edit down the final selection to 15 photographs. Another thing to consider is that almost all of these negs I have never printed so I have only seen the digital versions, not all negs might be fit for printing technically, mostly I am worried about their sharpness. With all the film I shot over 2 trips involving 14 or 15 days of shooting, I should have no problem filling the 15 photograph group show quota. When you add in the 4 or 5 images I want to show of dad separately that's one hell of a lot of printing, I have 5 months to complete it.  The selection process starts tonight, I will look through my scans and my enlarged contacts. I need to start looking for all the negs (a major difficulty) and begin printing this week. I figure for each of my off weeks between now and February I need to do 1 fine prints, I might also have to start printing on my work weeks as well. There promises to be a lot of 10 hour printing nights in my future.