Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Got My Lens

I got my 24mm 1.4  Version II Canon lens today. I was a bit daunting to arrive home and see my $1250 USD lens just sitting on a box outside my front door for anyone to steal but it all worked out.  I was lucky enough not to pay duty or GST on the lens this time around, which was a nice bonus. Maybe this is a sign I will have good look with the lens. It's a real beauty all minty and shiny. I saved over $500 USD by purchasing it used. I can use that $500 for 1+ months rent in Bangkok.

I will try using the 24mm tonight when I go to visit my father. I now have a complete copy cat system of my friend Larry Louie. I wish I also had his talent to make pictures! I will do my best and see what happens. Larry has been a great teacher over the last few years. I continue to learn from his example, our biweekly talks have been a great inspiration and education platform for me. He now uses a Mark III 5D, mine is only a Mark II 5D so I have a built in excuse as to why my work will not be as good as his.  

: ))

Just teasing, Larry did awesome work with this Mark II when he owned one. If I am 10% the photographer he is I should also get to get some good shots with these tools.