Monday, September 22, 2014

Keeping It Simple, Staying Positive

I am a bit frightened by the prospect of getting 20-16x20 photos printed and framed for the February show. If you think of it as 20 prints it is really intimidating, each print involves a major darkroom effort. I am also worried about dads health and have many other responsibilities. When I will I find the time to do all of this? Will I be able to get it all done? I have a responsibility and must meet it.

I think its important NOT to think that way. I need to keep it simple, keep it positive. I need to make some kind of effort, some kind progress each and every day. Whether it is finding a negative, making a mask or printing int some way, it has got to be a step by step thing. Each and everyday until the show I need to do something towards getting those prints done.

Today I did some good work, tomorrow when I got off my night shift I need to put another 1-3 hours in. I will need to do that every security work day. On my days off I will need to put in 4 plus hours a day, maybe as much 12 hours a day. I need to keep tackling this, once I get 1/2 the prints done it will flow easier, everything will be down hill at point.

I have about 130 days to get this done, lets work at it boy, no excuses!