Thursday, September 11, 2014

Boxes On The Way, Durst 1200 Almost Ready To Use

Just got word that my friend Jack sent out a bunch of boxes from Prince Edward Island last week. The stuff should arrive sometime soon. I am eager to get everything up and going in the darkroom. I might use the Durst 1200 as my main enlarger for the coming show. I guess there are several boxes of gear coming, I need to reimburse Jack's shipping costs, around $90 CAD.

Yesterday morning I hooked up the enlarger, attached the lens, timer, etc but I still need to figure out how everything is put together. I have gear for both the colour and a condenser heads. I am mostly concerned with trying to figure out which condenser configurations go with 35mm, 120 and 4x5 film sizes. Am printing out the PDF manual for the 1200 tonight at work. I could probably figure out the what goes with what myself but why struggle with that when they have written how to instructions online for free. Got to love the Internet!