Friday, September 19, 2014

Slow And Steady

Am struggling along printing slowly, I am slowly getting closer to interpreting this difficult negative. There are both deep shadow (children) areas and blown out highlights (garbage, white plastic) in this photograph. I am getting closer to the values I want but its slow work requiring lots of concentration. I will take a nap then go to have dinner with my friend Larry and visiting dad before continuing the work later on tonight. I might also change negs for a change of pace and come back later to this one with a fresh mindset. This is an important negative I think tells an important part of the "Children of the Dump" story. I need to get this done right. I want to use this print for one of the opening images of the show.

Here is a scan of the negative I am working on:

Three children in Mae Sot garbage dump May 20013, Thailand