Monday, September 1, 2014

Dad Again

Here is a shot I did of dad last night with the Mark II 5D. I prefer doing b/w work with film but the digital has a real clarity to the images that is quite appealing, you can see pretty much everything in detail. When I get the 24mm 1.4 (this week I hope) I plan on using it exclusively and putting away the 24-70mm zoom. I want to try to limit myself to get more. My friend Larry does wonderful photography mostly with the Mark II, III and the 24mm 1.4.  I know that great work can be done with that simple combination, I want to force myself to try to do the same, limiting your tools should yield better quality photographs. The idea is less gadgets more creativity. Gosh thou I love my gadgets!

In the photo below dad had just wiped away a tear and was thinking.

Dad August 31 2014