Sunday, February 23, 2014

Need To Communicate Better

I want to improve my Burmese enough so that I can speak to people a bit more next trip. I need to learn their names, their ages, what part of Burma they come from, what ethnic group they belong to etc. I will have to learn a lot of Burmese to be able to do that, but it is starting to come a bit faster than before now that I am using many Burmese apps. If it was in Thai I would not have any problems, can do all that sort of talk in the Thai language, learning from scratch again in Burmese is tough. I am turning 50 in a few months, learning new languages certainly ain't getting any easier! Still an effort must be made, it will help me understand the peoples lives better, it will help me make connections and friends and it will help the quality of the final photographs.