Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Darkroom Day 13

Well I managed to do darkroom day 13 straight today, that's 13 of a hoped for 90. Some of the session are a bit lame sometimes when I come off my security nightshifts I am spent so the darkroom time might only be some negative selections (with Fotovix) and or mask cutting. Most days thou include some sort of tray development of prints. The goal is to work each and everyday without any lazy excuse days off, so far so good! Hopefully in the future I can work 7 days a week in the darkroom or at least 6 out of 7. This plan should eventually lead to better negatives (better shooting) and better darkroom printing with a much higher quality print. I want to become a great printer, the only way to do that is through hard work.

Tonight I did a bunch of 8x10 RC work-test prints. The prints are a step in my process, they allow me to make the final selections for the first 11x14 fibre prints which I will do in the coming days. This group of about 30 RC 8x10s yielded 10 or so that will move on to fibre.

Today day 13 I put in a nice short 2 1/2 hours, I need to get to bed now, got to get up and go to work for some first aid training at 8am, that gives me 4 hours sleep. Tomorrows session will either be more 8x10 RC stuff or fibre 11x14 printing, I want to try the Oriental Seagull warm tone paper.