Friday, February 14, 2014

Darkroom Day 24

Well today darkroom day 24 I did up a bunch of 8x10 RC prints of negs that looked promising. My process is to select the negs for further study using the Fotovix, then take them into the dark and do up 8x10s. After the 8x10s if I like the image I will make up 11x14 RC versions for masks and finally I will print the fibre 11x14 versions. Eventually if it's a top notch picture a 16x20-20x24 version will be made up for exhibition (that's assuming I ever find anyone to show the work!).

Today as I was printing it occurred to me that I might want to try using 2 photos in combo of the same subject. I found that quite often I had a closer and farther shot that communicated important messages, if I combined them in a show as a diptych or as 2 separate prints side by side a larger more complete visual-emotional impact should result. I need to think more about doubling up the photos, it might lead to better story telling.