Saturday, February 22, 2014

Artist Steffen Wehrum's Drawing Of A Klong Toey Slum Photograph

A while back I posted a request by a German artist named Steffen Wehrum, he asked permission  to draw one of my pictures from the Klong Toey slum series. Steffen was kind enough to send me his finished drawing, thanks very much, here it is.

"Bangkok Slum" 70x50cm, by Steffen Wehrun
This turned into a very nice art sharing experience, I got to make the picture in Klong Toey, then I had the opportunity to meet this new artist and share a bit in his creation, fun all the way around.

The drawing is based on this blog linked photograph, I like the drawing more, it has greater depth and empathy.

http://gerryyaum.blogspot.ca/2014/01/no-copyright-crap-worries.html

Update: I got another email from Steffen about his drawing, he told me the dimensions of the work are 70 x50 cm (27.6 x 19.7 inches), very large!