Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Some More 800 ASA Boxer Stand Development Shots

Here are some more of the 800 asa stand development shots, I have a several rolls of 1600 asa stuff to develop yet, maybe give it a try today. I will develop 1 roll at a time and keep the same 2 hour development but I am going to the concentration of Rodinal from 1/50 to 1/25. The problem with pushing film is that you loose shadow detail and raise contrast, thou this stand development seems to work better than anything else I have tried through the years. If I get into a situation where I need the extra speed even with the newer faster lens I am using then I can go to 800 asa with no problem, that's a very comforting thing to have in your photo technique arsonal.

Maybe my second project this trip should just be to do a bunch more Muay Thai boxer images? I have access to the gym, heck I even am starting to have friends there, it might be the best way to go, I can also just wander Klong Toey slum and continue to make pics. Will see how it goes, might try something more exotic also. I would like to photograph a drug abuse related subject of some kind or possibly something to do with HIV/AIDS.

Anyway here are some of the 800 asa scans from before: