Thursday, June 13, 2013

Photoshop Lesson

I had a nice 1 hour and 30 minute photoshop lesson today given by my camera club friend Jim. Heres a bit of advice, do not try to learn photoshop on 3 hours sleep! Last night I worked until 6am developing film and then woke up around 9am before going to Jim's house for the lesson.

I plan on doing my Toot Yung Gallery colour show prints digitally so I need to improve my editing skills to a some what acceptable level. Jim is a great teacher who is helping many people in the club to learn photoshop. Today we were able to salvage a badly damaged 120mm neg of freelance sex worker Nit. I ain't throwing away any of my colour or b/w negs, they all can be saved! I can print them all digitally at some future date. Heck I could probably rescue them in photoshop, then make a digital corrected negative and then print it traditionally in the dark (the best of both worlds).

Better get to bed, going to take a nap before meeting another friend Larry tonight. Larry is a great photographer and art collector, he has a beautiful new photograph that I am eager to see, then we will share a meal and talk photography. Its amazing how long we can talk photography, 2 hours is easy, 3 or 4 possible without to much effort!