Sunday, June 2, 2013

Confirmatiom For 2nd International Solo Show

It looks like my 2nd solo show outside of Canada is set. The show will take place in March/April of 2014 in Bangkok at the new Toot Yung Gallery. I am not sure what I will show yet but right now it looks like color work possibly the Cambodian brothel series from 2003, the Bargirl series from 2003 or the Sex Worker headshot series from 2008-2010 or a combination of all 3.

If I show color work I will probably print it digitally so I can have more control, I am a novice when it comes to making  printer prints so will need to train some with a friend in the coming months. Mimi (artistic curator of the Toot Yung) and I want to keep the show a bit fun, not all serious social documentary stuff so I might include pics like the one below. I did this photo as part of the Bargirl series in 2003. The idea is of this sub-series is the woman's fake sex enjoyment, it was about how the women would pretend to enjoy sex with their customers (who often felt they were great lovers) but it was all for show, in my pics we exaggerated it so much that there was lots of laughter.


 The Toot Yung show will probably be a combination of serious documentary photographs plus some fun and joy works.