Saturday, July 13, 2019

Printing Begins For Library Show

This morning after my night shift I spent a few hours trying to make up the first photograph I will show in the coming small library exhibition thing. Never had a show with only digital photos before, or with digital photos in b/w.

I have settled on the MOAB ENTRADA NATURAL RAG 300 paper. Seems acceptable. Hopefully I can make 10-12 prints with this stuff for the exhibition. Going to concentrate on printing the new digital shot work but will also try scanning some older negs and digitally printing them as well. I prefer darkroom made photographs to digital prints but thought I would give this a try.

Note* As you can see lots to work on yet, screwed up the margins and there is a red tint in the large 13x19 print.  I plan to print on 17x25 inch paper for the show.

Note** This photo was made less than a month ago. Young Woo Wee Kai might still tonight be sleeping in this same shelter. When I was there in June the family donators gave the family, small money (used for food), boots, headlamps and food (rice, canned fish etc.).

Woo Wee Kai in the dump tent she slept in with her father, "Families of the Dump", Mae Sot Thailand 2019