Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Photo Idea: Moms Fight With Dementia

Been thinking of the best way to shoot my new used (when it arrives) Hasselblad XD1. The idea of doing a series of close up portraits of mom came to mind as she fights her dementia in the coming years. I would do a series of portraits detailing who mom is now and who she becomes later. This would be an extremely sad series for me to shoot, but it might be a good tribute to mom, a show of her individuality of spirit and how that is will eventually be lost. Could it lead to raising awareness on this terrible disease? Raising more funds for medical research? maybe!

I will start making portraits of mom as soon as the camera arrives, hopefully the end of next week. Will see where this leads. I wish I would have had the camera when dad was still with us, 4 years plus too late.

How many current photo series do I have in mind and am working on? 6? 8? 10?, LOTS!!