Saturday, July 20, 2019

Bags Repaired

Well Air Canada came through in the end. A week or so ago I took my damaged bags to the Edmonton airport Air Canada baggage area, I left my damaged bags with them. I had filled out a report over the telephone a few days earlier, so it was a quick 5 minute drop off procedure. Today my bags returned!  I came home and they were sitting on the front steps, in 2 wet boxes. The bags had been repaired and replaced!! My dads old Samsonite has a new-used combination lock on it and the second bag which was torn badly was replaced with a brand new bag of similar style!

So now I have the 2 bags I can use for my 2020 Thai trip. I am very happy that I can continue to use my fathers gifted hard case Samsonite bag for my future Asian journeys. Dads thoughtful gift to me will continue to to haul all kinds of important gear to the "Land of Smiles".

Note* I might be taking my 16x20 camera and gear next trip!! I will probably get a pelican heavy duty bag of some kind for my Chamonix 16x20.

Repaired Samsonite Bag
Replaced new bag