Tuesday, July 9, 2019

My Bags LOST FOREVER?

The bag adventure continues. Originally I was told on the plane from Taiwan and in Vancouver that my bags were NOT LOST but simply delayed. After filing paper work in Vancouver and a second time Edmonton with both China Airlines and Air Canada as well as filling info with customs in Vancouver, still no bags today. I called Air Canada's 1-888 number and got some fellow with an Indian accent, which I had a hard time understanding. We had to repeat things multiple times and in multiple ways, very slowly. I gave him the file number and all the same bag and flight information a third time. He told me the bags were NOT FOUND, which I interpreted as meaning being LOST. He told me later than NOT FOUND did not equal LOST. Initially he also told me that his information said I was missing only 1 bag, but I told him I was missing 2. It seems all the people, from all these different areas who DELAYED, LOST, and NOT FOUND my bags are not speaking to each other. Basically I got the run around in a polite way and am still waiting. Will have to call back again tomorrow. This is turning into a nightmare. My bags might be gone forever, lets hope not.

Note* Forgot to mention as a side benefit the guy on the call system said my first name was not on the file, even thou I had given that information 2 times. I had to spell it out for him slowly. Mass confusion on their end, people and computers not talking to each other. I just hope the bags were not stolen. The worst part of these trips is always the traveling part and all that entails, including LOST BAGS.

Update* The mass confusion continues. On my baggage missing form I got from the China Air ground person in Vancouver I saw that the agent had written down 2 different sets of bag numbers, one set starting out 028 and another starting out 026 (after he took my original bag tags from me) for my 2 MISPLACED, DELAYED, STOLEN, LOST bags. I forwarded this new info during a second call to Air Canada and a 2nd official disinterested sounding Indian accented fellow. He told me the 026 numbers were probably correct. Then I decided to try to contact China Air. There was no file number on my missing bag form so I called a phone number that was written on the form. When the phone was answered a very polite Chinese gentleman helped me. He told that the 028 were the correct numbers and also told me that my bags had been sent out yesterday to Air Canada and had left Taiwan. He gave me a file number and told me to forward it to Air Canada. I called the Air Canada 1-888 number for the 3rd time tonight and talked to a 3rd official disinterested sounding accented Indian man. I gave him the new information and also the file number. He seemed not to care, hope he wrote the number down. He then asked me to reconfirm all my missing bag information (for the 4th time? 5th time? lost count now). Then he told that the bags were still NOT FOUND and to contact them tomorrow, they would contact China airlines again.


Update** The Air Canada folks changed bag ID numbers to the 028 numbers on their online search luggage page after I sent in a written message to them, it seems their call center people did not forward that information to them. My first name was also misspelled on the online search luggage page I found. Not sure who misspelled it, or how important that is. I sent a second written message to Air Canada to make that correction.

There now seems to be some information on the bags. They are listed as leaving Taipei, Taiwan for Vancouver, Canada yesterday. After that? Not sure what happened to them. At present Air Canada does not seem to know as well. Gosh this is turning into a lot of work.

Ain't air travel fun!! Boy do I hate the paperwork of life. Just let me make photos, that is more fun.