Friday, July 12, 2019

Another EAC Grant Rejection

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for your application to the Edmonton Arts Council's CIP Travel Grant at the June 1, 2019 deadline.  The peer assessment process is now complete and the Board of the Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) accepted the peer assessment committee's recommendations earlier this week.

I regret to advise you that the committee did not recommend you for a grant this round.  These decisions were made in a competitive context and unfortunately not all projects could be recommended.

......
......
......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what I got to do to get a grant, jumped through all their special extra hoops, but nothing worked.

- I took a workshop on grant writing from the EAC.
- sent in my original grant request for a critique by the EAC grant writing expert.
- changed my grant quest, following each of the points the expert suggested I change.


I did the dance the way they suggested, did what they wanted but in the end nothing mattered, it made 0% of a difference. Been rejected 7 or 8 times now, it is all very frustrating. Am struggling to get by, trying my best to do whats right. Boy I could have used that $750 the travel grant would have provided. Guess "Families of the Dump does not matter to the art experts here in Edmonton. Will try to get some OT at work.

I will stop applying for these things, all the no'a are just to depressing to deal with. Do not want to feel this way.

All My Grant Hopes And Rejections