Saturday, July 13, 2019

Proving An Old Photo Club Friend, WRONG!

I think back today to a argument I had years ago with am amateur photo club member who was then a friend of sorts. He was an educated man, a professional but did not truly believe in the power and importance of photography. He would make excuses all the time of why NOT to make photograph, he would downgrade their importance etc. My point in the argument was that photography had the power to cause change, that it could impact peoples lives in a very positive way. He did not value photography in that way. He told me things like "Your photos will never have any value!!!, Never change anything!!" . I always wanted to prove him wrong, his pessimism and negativity put a burr under my saddle. With all the recent donation work and all the help taking place as a direct result of the photographs made, I feel some redemption. He was wrong I was right! :) Photos can make a positive difference, they can have a positive impact in peoples lives. 

PHOTOGRAPHY HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES,  PHOTOGRAPHY DOES MATTER!