Thursday, April 9, 2020

Yesteday's Darkroom And DIgital Print Work

Yesterday did some constructive work for a change. Was in the darkroom for about 6 hours, setting things up and printing masks for 3 THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP negs. Will return today to work on one of those negatives (3 young friends in a hammock), a happier dump image. I will try to post some of that darkroom work, maybe a video of the processing or you all to see later.

Also last night I did up some digital work on 5x7 paper. My Mac computer screen is not calibrated to the printer well. I am a crappy digital printer guy but did my best to make up some small prints of the images I like. During this stay at home time I plan on making up some semi large prints for a possible Library show. Last year I had promised a local library to do a small show of THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP for them, probably 12 or so prints. I did not complete that obligation, sort of lost interest in it. I feel bad about that and need to rectify that situation. Now is a good time to make up those matted digital Library show prints and have them ready for exhibition (sort of an exhibition) when that library reopens after Corona. I think this is more of an information thing, spreading the word, telling stories to a larger audience, not a REAL show. I should improve my digital printing skills doing this, so that is a nice bonus.

Here is a sample of some of the small prints.

5x7 Digital Test Prints on MOAB Entrada Rag Natural 300 Paper