Saturday, April 25, 2020

I Love Ambrotypes Talk

Had a rather animated discussion with a Facebook friend about wet plate. All the wet plate guys constantly speak of how tough things are to do in wet plate. They are the experts I guess, but I find the negative talk, to negative at time. Prefer to see the beauty of what will happen in my wet plate future, not the negative nelly stuff.

Here is one of the comments I wrote him about why I love wet plate photography.
-------------------
Gerry Yaum But what I fell in love with is Ambrotypes is how the subject looks to BE ALIVE INSIDE THE GLASS..a 3d illusion of life...almost like you could speak to them...I found that so fascinating, so absolutely beautiful, compelling, wonderful, stunning..all those big great words...I have a bunch of Ambrotypes I got from Japan that I find especially enthralling. Probably made way back when 1880s? 1890s? that glass has these people in them, CAUGHT INSIDE THE GLASS LIKE THEY ARE ALIVE STILL!!!...that is the reason I am doing all this to try to do my own versions of that MAGIC FEELING..
------------------- 
Japanese women ALIVE INSIDE THE GLASS