Sunday, April 12, 2020

11 Hour Sleep And Feeling Better

Gosh I went to lay down for a couple of hours even thou I was not very tired and woke up 11 hours later! Was in sleep mode between 6pm and 5 am. I do not think I even needed a bathroom pee break during the sleep, which is weird for a 56 year old dude. Was reading a fascinating book on Diego Rivera before sleeping, he was writing about his meeting with Joseph Stalin (signed one of his drawings), the book is called "My Art, My Life: An Autobiography" Diego Rivera.

https://www.amazon.ca/My-Art-Life-Autobiography/dp/0486269388

I have always been a pretty long and good sleeper,  I just follow my body there. I have always tried to wake up when I do not feel like sleeping any longer (unless I am forced to wake up to do something). Never did any drugs in my life so I think that helps with the ability to sleep. The closest drug I take to a dangerous drug is caffeine in tea and soft drinks. Never did hard or soft drugs in my life, never do over the counter medications unless I cannot avoid them, never taken a sleeping pill in my life, never smoked, do not drink alcohol (never been drunk in my life) etc. I think having a generally clean mostly chemical free body helps you sleep better, that's my theory anyway.

Feel fresh and recharged now. I just had a nice shower and will spend the day scanning old negs and making a few digital prints, later in the day I will probably take a nap before going to work at night in the wet darkroom for 5 or 6 hours on a print of 3 friends in a hammock at the dump. I did the masks and test strips for that negative earlier this week. Then it is back to work Monday night for another week in the security guard shack.  The work week awaits, I need to get my beauty sleep for that as well!!