Thursday, April 30, 2020

New Voiglander 16x20 Lens For Wet Plate Project, KANATA Portraits

Got my beauty Voigtlander 16x20 format 1886 brass lens today. The lens complete with flange, lens hood, lens cap and lens board is in remarkable condition for a 134 year old piece of glass! I wonder what wonderful images she has made during her lifetime? I hope she (got to give her a name) has a few good photos left in her. The plan is to use the kens as my main portrait tool on my 16x20 Chamonix camera for the 10-15 year long Canadian KANATA project. I AM VERY EXCITED BY THE POSSIBILITIES!

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"

Note* The lens is a Voigtlander 655mm (24.5 inch) F6 
Note** Thank you Ross for packing the lens so well and shipping it to me today from Vancouver via UPS Express. Looking forward to seeing your wet plate work and your studio the next time I am in Vancouver.
Note** One of the joys of learning wet plate is the people round the world who help you, Kurt in Italy, Ross in Canada, Dale in Canada, Luther in the USA, Quinn in the USA, Anton in the USA, Shane in the USA, Brandon in the USA, Alex in Australia etc.

Voigtlander 655mm (24.5 inch) F6