Monday, April 27, 2020

More Gear In Wet Plate Trailer

Loaded more gear into more the trailer including new 1000 ml laboratory bottles, Acetic Acid, Potassium Bromide, Potassium Iodide, Ferrous Sulfate, Denatured Alcohol, various Laboratory glassware, scales, my favorite ambrotypes and a 16x20 Silver box.


Some older (2010-2012) chemistry from Bostick&Sullivan.
Some original ambrotypes for inspiration. The winged art work will probably be the KANATA (cross Canada ambrotrype project) logo.
What my LED RED safelights look like. The lights were recommended to me by an online wetplater friend. They run off 4 AA batteries (for how long?).
Temp parked storage. Got to figure out a drive-alble version.
Most everything in the trailer is second goods, picked up on the cheap. The 5000ml Silver storage bottle is new.
Thinking of not putting red filter material on the windows but instead velcroing black cloth on the side window, the door window and the roof vent. I need complete darkness in the trailer at times so I can load traditional (more light sensitive) film.
8x10 box, with a e larger I might use to do contacts with (from film not wet plate negs).
Will clean all my laboratory glassware with distilled water next week before use. Each item will be labeled for one chemical use to prevent cross contamination, that goes for the funnels as well.
3 coolers for the chemicals (reduces smell in trailer). The table is for outdoor support of trays etc (have 2 of these) and the big metal sink thing I got free (damaged in shipping), will use it on the trailer table top to control liquid mess.