Friday, April 3, 2020

Kindle/PDF Gerry Yaum Photo Books?!

I will probably never get a real book of my photographs published by a real publisher in my lifetime. It has been a life long dream of my mine to have a book of my photographs published and then later be sitting on a self in a book store I visit. Selfish of me to think that way I know but heck no ones perfect :)

With the recent 2020 magazine interest in the photo projects (2 profiles in "Shades of Grey" and 1 in Analog Forever magazines coming this year) I will soon have a bunch of higher quality scans and edits of my photographs  sitting around on my hard drives and USB sticks (made up for these mags). I wanted to use those better quality images in a positive way and thought last night, "Why not a kindle/PDF book?" I can self publish that type of book and they can be placed on sites like Amazon. If anything sells I can donate the money to the people in my pictures, at the dump and elsewhere. Of course a kindle/PDFbook is no where near as nice as a real book but heck, it is better than what I have now which is NOTHING!

Not sure this idea will work but why not try, it never hurts to make an effort. I could do up individual kindle/PDF books for the various projects, one at a time. I would also like to do a  history type book showing the best of all the photos I made in my lifetime, all the pics I love and want to show the world (many never shown anywhere).

Will start working on these projects tonight, they will take years to complete.

"Ain't Photography Grand!"