Saturday, December 5, 2015

Tomorrow Is The Last Day In The Dump

Tomorrow is the last day of active shooting in the dump. I should have about 140 sheets of 5x7 left. I have 4 rolls of 35mm left and have finished my 120 film. I kind of feel bad about not shooting all the large format film but without 35 or 120 I can only shoot 24 sheets of film a day, not sure how cost effective that would be. I prefer working with 2 camera systems at a time, allowing me to capture two styles of images and giving me a full 3 hours of shooting time per visit.

I feel I have worked very hard this trip, tomorrow will be the last day of dump shooting, I am burning out a bit . This trip I will do 12 total dump visits, in 2013 I did only 8 in May and 5 in November. I can store the unexposed 140 sheets of 5x7 film in Bangkok and shoot them next trip which should be soon, in March or April 2016. I might also try shooting film in Klong Toey slum if time permits.

I feel bad about saying goodbye to the families, have become much closer to them this trip. I have done what I came to do. Time to move on back to Canada. Time to process, print, scan and post the pictures. Time to try and exhibit the photographs to help raise awareness and tell the stories of "The Families of the Dump". My shooting time is almost done.