Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Shooting The 5x7 In Klong Toey?

Woke up today in Bangkok again. My back is better but still tender. I am on a combination of medication and a Tiger Balm  patch. The medicine which is from a pharmacy in Mae Sot seems to be working. Rest is also settling things down.

I had thoughts of going down and shooting some of my remaining 5x7 sheets (170?) in Klong Toey Slum but decided against it. Laying in bed it seemed like a good idea but after walking around my room and bending up and down a bit I changed my mind. The back is very tender and not up to lugging around 40 pounds of gear through Klong Toey slum for 4 or 5 hours.

I am flying back to Canada later this week and then it is straight back to 12 hour security work. I need to make sure I can handle those duties. If I had any 35mm or 120 film left I would go to the slum with the smaller and lighter cameras but that is not possible. I worked hard this trip so do not need to feel guilty. Will save the remainder of this expensive sheet film to shoot carefully and wisely next trip. My next trip here might be in March.