Sunday, December 6, 2015

Back Problem Back

My back seized up again, damn! I felt it for the first time yesterday just before going out to shoot. I went out non the less, carrying all my large format gear and a 35mm camera. Now I am paying the price. The back problems kicked in again badly, worse than I intially had in Bangkok. I could not bend down yesterday and last night getting out of bed to go to the washroom was very difficult.

One time in the dump yesterday while fully loaded down with gear, the camera and tripod on my shoulder I stumbled and fell hard on my left knee jarring my back. I was climbing a hill of garbage and dirt to get to roadway when I slipped. Not sure if this caused the back muscle issues today or not but it certainly did not help.

I think is just a muscle spasm type thing, Tiger balm and rest should help. I need to get into better shape before my 8 hour bus ride back to Bangkok at 930pm tonight. Less than a week now till I fly to Canada. My shooting is now over unless the back improves and I can carry the gear in Bangkok to do some shooting.

I had hopes and thoughts of returning one more time to deliver another pair of boots (see other blog) but with this back problem that is near impossible.

Update * After a night of rest the back is a bit better. I can now bend down and stand up slowly with limited pain. Still 8 hours before I need to go to the bus station. I feel bad I cannot deliver the boots I wrote about in the other blog.