Sunday, December 6, 2015

Great Last Day

My last day in the dump with the families went well as expected. Easy to get people to pose for me now thou with a limited 24 sheets per outing I have to be selective in my shooting. This day as most days I took in the 5x7 (10 total  large format dump days) I did a combination of child portraits and dumpscapes.

Some highlight moments this last day included.
- 35mm shots of children playing near a dump well.
- More serious photos of a mother washing the bloody foot of her young son at the well.
- Some child single and group portraits on a roadway.
- Vertical 5x7 portraits of the groom and 2 girls in the active garbage area.
- Some vertical portraits of the father of the groom with his pigs and shack (low light? movement?).
-

My connection and friendliness with the families grew on many levels this trip. I feel much closer to many people in the dump today than after the 2013 trips.