Friday, December 25, 2015

Happy So Far!

Am happy with the 120mm and the 5x7 film so far, the 35mm work thou is rather poor. I am looking to improve on things next trip. Am thinking of not taking a 35mm with me, but instead taking the Graflex 4x5 along with the 5x7 and Rolleiflex.

The Graflex will allow me to continue focusing up to the last second (using my granny close up glasses). Because it is a SLR camera kids moving about should be less of a focus issue, I can make quick last minute adjustments. The main problem with that camera is the minimum 1/30 of a second shutter, using a roll type spring shutter at back of the camera. I am testing the Graflex Super D with a mono-pod at 1/30, might have to resort to the Gitzo carbon fiber tripod in Thai. Wish I also had shutter speeds of 1/8 and 1/15 with this camera.

Anyway the negs developed so far look good. I should have enough to work with to make a decent submission to DC3 Art Projects Gallery and 10+ other galleries in the coming months.

Note* If I go with the 4x5 Banarama Razzle camera next trip I can shoot at all shutter speeds but then I am limited in how close I can make pictures ( the bellows is rather short). Each camera has its positive and negatives, maybe that is why I own so many!